Skip to content
  • people walking


If you find yourself in an emergency situation, review the advice given in the "If Things Go Wrong" section of this website, and contact:

Local Emergency Authorities

The U.S. State Department has prepared a list of local emergency numbers around the world, which you can view here.

Your Local Embassy/Consulate

Where there is no Canadian office, an Australian or British government office will provide you with emergency services.

Humber Department of Public Safety

Phone (24 hours): +1-.416.675.6622 x 4000

Identify yourself as a “Humber student abroad in distress” and share your name, Humber ID, and contact information.

*If contacted, the Department of Public Safety will contact appropriate Humber personnel who will assess the situation and determine Humber’s response. Humber will coordinate the emergency situation with participants, working with appropriate governmental agencies and other contacts and available means to ensure safety and security. Emergency services provided by the College include, but may not be limited to, communication, participant debriefing, media enquiries and counseling.

Representatives at your host institution abroad and/or your group program leader (as applicable).