The BMO Launch Me Program is designed to help students and recent alumni prepare for success in the BMO Launch Me competition. Complete a series of skill building workshops to prepare your business idea for launch, and submit your work for a chance to win funds. The first round of the competition is a business plan submission. Chosen finalists will move on to the finals with a five minute pitch to a panel of judges.
In total, students and alumni have the opportunity to win a portion of $135,000 in funding for their startups! The funds will be distributed in three categories:
- BMO Women Innovators Competition: For women-identifying entrepreneurs
- BMO Groundbreaker Competition: For all current students
- BMO New Graduate Startup Competition: For Humber graduates (within ~2 years graduation)
Please note: All workshops to be held virtually.
Submit a two minute video to the CfE’s email at email@example.com. Your video should explain:
- A little about you
- What is your business, venture or idea?
- Why are you interested in participating in the BMO Launch Me program and competition?
Videos do not have to be professionally taken! Using a mobile device or platform like Zoom will work!
Please keep in mind that some video files may be too big to send via email. A good way to ensure that your video is seen is to upload it to YouTube and forward us the link to watch. If you’re doing this, please ensure that the YouTube link you provide is not set to private, otherwise we will not be able to review it.
If you have any trouble at all, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for support (please note, we will not respond on Sunday night!)
Students and alumni who submit their interest will be accepted into the program. The first workshop will begin on Thursday, Oct. 21 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Please check the full workshop schedule in the side bar. These workshops will prepare you to compete in the BMO Launch Me Competition.
We will work through the key components of a business plan through a series of practical, hands-on workshops. After working with our facilitators and mentors, you will have all the building blocks you need to assemble a great plan! For full workshop details, click the sessions in the bar at the right. Workshops will focus on:
- Problem/Solution Fit and the Value Proposition
- Conducting Market Research
- Go-To-Market Planning
- Putting it together into a Business Plan
Business Plan Submission January 23, before 11:59pm
Successful applicants will be invited to pitch training sessions in February 2022.
Who should apply?
- You have identified a business idea and are in the ideation or startup phase
- You are open to exploring and changing as you work through the program
- Seed funding of up to $15,000 could seriously impact your venture development
- You are serious about pursuing this business and are committed to completing the program
- You are a Humber Student or alumni within ~2 years of graduation
The CfE is industry agnostic, and ideas from all faculties are encouraged.
Humber College’s Code of Conduct outlines individual and community expectations regarding student actions and behaviour. All ideas, submissions and presentations should demonstrate respect for others and promote well-being and safety in alignment with Humber policies.
Equity and Diversity Statement
The CfE’s dedication to promoting diversity in our teams includes a commitment to ensuring every cohort accurately reflects our community, welcoming folks of all gender identities, sexual orientations, races and ages, and actively creating space for marginalized change-makers and under-represented disciplines.
All creators, entrepreneurial thinkers, and leaders are encouraged to apply.
Program is eligible to be part of co-curricular activities. Participant must attend all sessions to qualify for CCR certificate. Pitch Competitors are not eligible to add Launch Me experience to their CCR.