The Academic Plan and Digital Campus Plan consultations were conducted together, reflecting the interconnection between teaching and learning and technology.
Consultations for both the Academic Plan and the Digital Campus Plan were conducted with students, faculty, staff, alumni, Program Advisory Committees, College Council, College leadership, Academic and Student Affairs, and the Board of Governors.
The Academic and Digital Campus plans were then developed simultaneously and with close integration.
The process of determining Humber’s 2023-2026 teaching, learning and digital campus priorities involved four phases:
- Planning (November 2021-January 2022): Development of a stakeholder engagement plan, background documents, and key consultation questions.
- Consultation (January-April 2022): Implementation of stakeholder consultations with students, faculty, staff, alumni, community and industry partners, College leadership, and Humber’s Board of Governors.
- Integration and Analysis (March-May 2022): Integration and analysis of stakeholder input.
- Finalization and Approvals (May-June 2022): Validation of strategic priorities and document creation
Between January and April 2022, Humber held consultations with students, faculty, staff, alumni, community and industry partners, College leadership, and Humber’s Board of Governors. More than 1,200 members of the College community shared their vision for the future of education at Humber through 19 participation options ranging from virtual forums to online forms.
Humber students participated in nine virtual focus groups. Specific sessions were held for those from equity-deserving groups and those involved in student leadership initiatives with the assistance of Humber’s Student Success and Engagement, Black Student Support and Engagement, Indigenous Education and Engagement, LGBTQ+ Resource Centre, IGNITE, and domestic and international student ambassador programs.
College employees (faculty, support staff, and administrative staff) were offered four virtual forums, with one session held specifically for faculty.
Humber’s industry and community partners, including Humber alumni, were invited to three virtual forums for the College’s Program Advisory Committees.
Thank you to all of the participants for their meaningful engagement that helped shape the plan, and to the staff from across the College that helped in the planning and implementation of the consultation sessions.
CONSULTATION SESSIONS AND SUMMARIES
Consultations were held with multiple stakeholder groups between January 24 and March 22, 2022. As the consultation summaries become available, they will be hyperlinked to their corresponding sessions noted below.
Program Advisory Committee Consultations (summary of the sessions below)
- Monday, January 24 from 4:00-5:30pm
- Thursday, January 27 from 10:00-11:30am
- Friday, January 28 from 12:00-1:30pm
Student Consultations (summary of the sessions below)
- Consultations were conducted with students associated with the following areas:
Academic & Administrative Leadership Forum – February 10, 2022
Humber College Council Consultation – February 17, 2022
Academic & Student Affairs – March 8, 2022