Research! Does that word intimidate you? Does it seem like something a researcher would do buried in a long white coat pondering over papers and formulas in a closed room? Not if we can support you!
Join us on October 15 at 10 a.m., and let’s chat about ‘RESEARCH’ – ORI Style! Let us infuse in you the joy and the passion that drives us to engage in research. Let’s debunk the myth around the word ‘research’. We will introduce you to an addictive world of discovery. Let us plant the seed and help you cultivate it into a rich and abundant greenfield that keeps giving back!
Register today! (https://ncv.microsoft.com/ONw6ojsdw7)
Are you curious about anything? Do you follow your curiosity to find out more? Are there any unanswered questions in your mind? How do you satisfy that urge to find answers? Your search for those answers is ‘Research’.
- Research is curiosity.
- Research is the joy of discovery, be it penicillin or smart jewellery.
- Research is the thrill of invention, be it electricity or vaccines.
- Research is the key to building healthier sustainable communities; think of children’s laughter in a neighbourhood park.
- Research is saving lives; think of painkillers and anesthetics.
- Research is Aha Moments!
- Research is impactful, and it can be fun too!
Don’t just take our word for it; read what these game changers have to say about research:
- “Play is the highest form of research.” – Albert Einstein
- “Research is what I’m doing when I don’t know what I’m doing.” – Wernher von Braun
- “If we knew what it was we were doing, it would not be called research, would it?” – Albert Einstein
- “Advances in medicine and agriculture have saved vastly more lives than have been lost in all the wars in history.” – Carl Sagan
- “Part of the fun of acting is the research, finding out about other people.” – James Gandolfini
- “The universe is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.” – Eden Phillpots
- “If you want to understand today, you have to search yesterday.” – Pearl Buck
- “Research must continue to the centerpiece of intellectual life, and our commitment to research must grow, because our problems are growing.” – Ernest L. Boyer
- “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Carl Sagan
What are you waiting for? Don’t you want a chance to walk the path of discovery? Don’t you want to make an impact? Don’t you want to change the world?
Bio: Dr. Grant is the Dean of Research and Innovation at Humber College in Canada and a visiting professor at the Copenhagen Business School in Denmark. Under her leadership, Humber College now ranks at #1 in Canada for industry partnerships, #3 in Canada for industry research income and overall, #6 as the research college in Canada based on research income.
She is a proven strategist and an organizational designer specializing in the development and maintenance of innovative corporate cultures. Her areas of specialization and expertise include innovation management and metrics, creativity and creative problem solving, and values-based leadership programs for high-performance teams. She is a widely published author, international speaker and management consultant.
Note: This workshop is for Humber faculty and staff only.
If you have any questions, please contact Jennifer Arulappu at email@example.com.