Staying Healthy While at Home:
- Stay connected: video call, phone, or text your friends and family
- Find a hobby: -on your own or through an online class -try out cooking at home
- Exercise from home: -check out at “humberathletics.ca” -check out YouTube for free workout videos
- Identify something you’re grateful for everyday!
- Go on walks: get some fresh air and exercise (in a physically distant way)
- Stay hydrated: drink water regularly
- Prioritize your sleep: National Sleep Foundation recommends 7-9 hours for students
- End your day with self-care: -have that last stretch -try meditating
Nutritional Inexpensive Eating Tips:
- Expand your meal prep: check out new recipes online, such as the Dietitians of Ontario’s “unlockfood.ca”
- Invest in grains: most grains are on the cheaper side, such as beans, rice, whole wheat pasta, and oats!
- Buy in bulk: results cheaper than buying less and more often
- Don’t buy what you don’t need!
- Buy frozen fruit and vegetables: don’t spoil as quickly, same nutritional value!
- Check the sales: look out for 50% off stickers too!
- Snatch seasonal fruit and vegetables: often cheaper, in season now: mandarins, grapefruit, and apples
- Pack a lunch: saves money, more nutritional as you know what went in it, and you build a life skill!
Think Positive Test Negative
My Body! My Right!! Our Fight!!!
Stop Before It Happens
Reportable STIs in Canada
Study tips for success for college & university students