Syed Mahmud R.
Get a brand new career in less than two months. Learn how to drive a tractor trailer and earn your Ontario AZ licence (license) in a program designed by experienced trucking professionals.
Humber College graduates of the AZ program have a 96% employment rate.
At Humber, you learn from instructors who have years of experience in the field, with modern tractor-trailers. You use the tractor-trailer you learned on for your road test, which is conducted by Humber College.
Transportation companies across the GTA look to Humber as a leading source of potential employees, with many sending current employees to Humber for tractor-trailer training.
Learn everything you need to know about this high-demand employment field, including safety regulations, fuel-efficient driving, traffic and road management, and more.
The class 'G' to 'AZ' licence training program can be taken days or evenings. The program takes 10 weeks to complete if taken during the day or 13 weeks if scheduled evenings.
The program consists of three components:
- A 'Z' Air Brake Endorsement course scheduled over two days.
- A 56-hour in-class component of training.
- 144 hours of in-vehicle training. (The in-vehicle training is delivered on a Monday to Friday basis.)
The vehicle is also supplied for the Ontario AZ road test, which is administered by Humber.
The full fee for the program for the 2018 Winter Semester is $9,299 (Course and program fees may be subject to change.)
We want to hear from you. If you have any questions or need more information, contact the Transportation Training Centre at 416-675-6622 ext. 5800 or email@example.com and come in for a visit.
How To Apply
You MUST meet ALL the requirements below PRIOR to registering for this program.
- Hold a valid Ontario Class G license.
- Have a minimum of 12 months of verifiable Canadian driving experience with a Class G2 or G licence (not G1).
- Demonstrate a minimum of an Ontario Grade 10 literacy level.
- Pass a Ministry of Transportation driver's medical and visual examination.
- Obtain a classified licence learner's permit from the Ministry of Transportation.
Note: This program is not recommended for persons that have driven less than 20,000 kilometers in the province of Ontario during the past 12 months. Having less than this experience may result in your inability to meet the course objectives.
You MUST REGISTER for ALL 3 courses in the SAME TERM order to be eligible to attend classes. Select one session for each course.
On the first day of class, bring your Driver's License and Learner's Permit.
Remember you will need your CSA approved footwear for the first day of In-Vehicle training.
Thank you for choosing Humber and you are well on your way to a new career.
Good luck with the program.