Before applying, applicants should understand and meet the admission requirements.
To qualify for admission to the Real Estate Salesperson Program, an applicant must have obtained a Canadian secondary school diploma or GED certificate.
Applicants that do not have a Canadian secondary school diploma or GED Certificate may provide acceptable equivalency credentials.
Click to see a list of acceptable equivalency credentials
Acceptable Equivalency Credentials
- Secondary school diploma from the United States
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from Canada or the United States
- Certificate of completion for an Ontario academic upgrading program that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario post-secondary program (Ontario Basic Skills Level IV, Basic Training and Skills Development Level IV)
- Certificate of completion of an academic upgrading program from another Canadian jurisdiction that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario post-secondary program
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification in any trade from Ontario or other Canadian jurisdiction
- Transcript, diploma or certificate (from a country other than Canada or the United States) previously assessed at an Ontario Secondary School Diploma level by a recognized assessment service, such as World Education Services (WES). See more options below.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (from a country other than Canada or the United States) assessed as equivalent to a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service, such as World Education Services (WES). See more options below.
Recognized institutions that offer credential assessment services
Alternatively, the Real Estate Education Program Office offers a Salesperson Program Admissions Exam to applicants without a secondary school diploma or equivalent. Successful completion of the Salesperson Admissions Exam is an acceptable equivalent for admission to the Real Estate Salesperson Program.
The Real Estate Education Programs’ components and support services are delivered in English. Learners should possess strong English writing, comprehension and speaking skills in order to be able to successfully complete the program(s). Learners are asked to assert they meet the English proficiency requirement during application to a Real Estate Education Program.
Applicants must use their full legal name, as required by RECO for registration as a salesperson or broker, when applying to a Real Estate Education Program.
Salesperson Program Admission Exam
The Salesperson Program Admission Exam is available to applicants without a Canadian Secondary School Diploma, GED Certificate or an acceptable equivalent credential. Successful completion of this exam is an acceptable equivalent for admission to the Real Estate Salesperson Program.
Potential applicants should register for and successfully complete this exam before applying to the Real Estate Salesperson Program. Learners will be required to upload proof of successful completion of the Salesperson Program Admission Exam.