Questions about applying to the new Real Estate Education Programs
How do I apply?
Learners will need to complete an application on Humber’s Real Estate Programs website (humber.ca/realestate). Applications open in July 2019. Please continue to check the website for more details.
What are the admissions requirements?
To qualify for admission into the Real Estate Salesperson Program, an applicant must hold a Canadian secondary school diploma or GED certificate, or an acceptable equivalent credential.
Applicants that do not have a Canadian secondary school diploma or GED Certificate may provide acceptable equivalency credentials.
Click to see a list of acceptable equivalency credentials
Acceptable Equivalency Credentials
- Secondary school diploma from the United States
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from Canada or the United States
- Certificate of completion for an Ontario academic upgrading program that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario post-secondary program (Ontario Basic Skills Level IV, Basic Training and Skills Development Level IV)
- Certificate of completion of an academic upgrading program from another Canadian jurisdiction that is accepted by an Ontario College of Applied Arts and Technology for entry into an Ontario post-secondary program
- Certificate of Apprenticeship or Certificate of Qualification in any trade from Ontario or other Canadian jurisdiction
- Transcript, diploma or certificate (from a country other than Canada or the United States) previously assessed at an Ontario Secondary School Diploma level by a recognized assessment service, such as World Education Services (WES). See more options below.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (from a country other than Canada or the United States) assessed as equivalent to a Canadian post-secondary diploma or degree by a recognized assessment service, such as World Education Services (WES). See more options below.
Recognized institutions that offer credential assessment services
Where can I have my transcript, diploma, or certificate from a country other than Canada or the United States assessed?
There are various credential assessment service providers that can assess international credentials. Please see the list below of recognized institutions that offer this service.
Will the Real Estate Salesperson Program follow Humber’s semester timetable?
Learners will be able to sign up and start their coursework at any point during the year, while selecting sessions from the course calendar that best meets their needs. Unlike many of Humber’s post-secondary programs, the Real Estate Salesperson Program will not run on a semester or term basis. Much of the coursework will be delivered online allowing individuals to learn flexibly without the time commitment of full-time semester based program.
Is the Real Estate Salesperson Program OSAP-eligible?
The program is not eligible for OSAP as it does not receive any direct provincial funding.
Which program should I enroll in, the current one offered by the OREA Real Estate College or the new one that will be offered by Humber?
This decision largely depends on your preferred timeline for entering the real estate industry. Both programs will prepare those who are engaged in the learning experience to start practicing real estate. If you want to get started sooner, the OREA Real Estate College will continue to accept your registration for the Salesperson Registration Education program until the end of April 2019. If you begin the program with OREA, you will need to complete it with OREA. With the OREA Real Estate College ceasing delivery as of November 28, 2020, you need to keep that deadline in mind and ensure you complete all courses required prior to that date.
Where can I find the complete course calendar?
Humber College will publish the full course calendar on the Real Estate Programs website prior to registration opening.
When will Humber begin accepting applications?
Learners can apply to the Real Estate Salesperson Program beginning July 2019.
When will the first course be offered?
The first course in the Real Estate Salesperson Program will be offered in September 2019.