Initiate Onboarding for a New Employee
Lesson for full-time recruitment process
If required – follow the steps outlined below to initiate onboarding for a new employee.
This knowledge article will show you how to initiate onboarding for a new employee.
1. Sign into HRMS using your single sign-on ID and password.
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
Note: A new window will open, logging into Taleo. If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash.
4. Click ‘Recruiting’ under Centers.
5. Click the drop-down arrow for ‘View the Search Options’ .
6. Click ‘Requisitions’.
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field.
8. Click ‘Enter’.
9. Click the number to the left of the requisition title to display the list of applicants.
10. Click on the name of the candidate you are initiating onboarding for.
Note: Generally, onboarding should be initiated following changing the candidate’s step/status to ‘Hire/HRIS’.
11. Click the ‘More Actions’ drop-down.
12. Select ‘Start Onboarding (Transitions) New Hire Process’.
13. Under ‘Select a process’, select ‘Onboarding – Humber and Guelph-Humber’.
14. Click ‘Done’.
Note: The new hire will now receive a ‘Welcome to Humber’ or ‘Welcome to the University of Guelph-Humber’ email which will provide them with an overview of their onboarding process and a link to access it. The hiring manager will also receive an email checklist of items they need to complete to onboard the new employee.