Who is Eligible for OSAP?
To be eligible for OSAP, you (or your parents/spouse/sponsor) must have been a resident of Ontario for at least 12 months before the application’s study period and not have been enrolled in full-time post-secondary studies during this 12-month period.
You must also:
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada, or a protected person
- Be applying for an approved post-secondary program
- Be enrolled in an eligible course load:
- Full-time OSAP application - minimum of 60 per cent of a full semester course load (or minimum 40 per cent of a 100 per cent course load for studens with a documented permanent disability)
- Part-time OSAP application – between 20 and 59 per cent of a full semester course load