Skip to content

Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)

Continuation of Interest-Free Status (CIFS) 

If you are applying for OSAP, the NSLSC will know you are still in school and maintain your loan’s interest-free status.​

If you are going to be starting a new study period but do not want to apply for OSAP funding (or are ineligible for funding due to restrictions), you might be able to suspend interest accrual and payment for previous OSAP loans during your new study period by applying for interest-free status. ​

Full-time students can submit a Continuation of Interest-Free Status (CIFS) application online through their OSAP portal or print the form from the OSAP website and submit the completed application to the Financial Aid Office. ​

Part-time students must print and complete a paper Schedule 2 application and submit it to the Financial Aid Office. ​

Online and paper applications will be processed by the Financial Aid Office in the order in which they are received.​