Skip to content
  • woman smiling in front of empty bookshelves


It is the student’s responsibility to become familiar with the Academic Regulations, which outline course and program fee refunds.

For students who are considering a program/course withdrawal, we strongly advise that the student consult their program coordinator, in addition to consulting with a representative in the Office of the Registrar. OSAP recipients should check with a Financial Aid Representative, as withdrawing may affect their current or future OSAP status. If students withdraw after the refund date, they are responsible for any outstanding fees and for repayment of funds to OSAP, if applicable. International students should consult with the International Office, as withdrawing may affect their status in Canada.

Refund requests must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar on or before the tenth official day of the term. There are no refunds after the tenth official day of the start of the term and students are liable for payment of outstanding fees. There are no exceptions to the refund policy for students who register late. Full time program fees are a package cost and dropping a course(s) does not qualify for a refund if a student remains in full time status (this includes students approved for transfer credits). Unused Student Contact Hours are not transferable from one semester to another.

Please note that $500 (or $1,000 for international students) of program fees (e.g. tuition deposit) is automatically withheld once payment is made. Late fees are non-refundable. Refunds will be processed using the same method that the original payment was made. Refund of fees originally paid by wire transfer, web banking, debit card and cash will be issued by cheque. Refunds for students that received OSAP may be forwarded to OSAP through the National Student Loan Service Centre (NSLSC).

Continuing Education Refund Information

Generally, $25 of the fee is non-refundable unless Humber cancels the course.

To request a refund, please contact the Customer Service and Registration Centre.

Full refunds will be granted only when Humber cancels a course. If your course is cancelled, you may transfer to another course or request a refund. Refunds are not issued for cancelled courses automatically, as many students prefer to transfer. Some courses have special refund policies. Please contact us to tell us how you would like us to proceed. If we do not hear from you, we will process a full refund of fees one month after the start of the course.

Where payment was made by Visa or MasterCard, a credit will be made to the credit card that was used.