Skip to content

Use the Registration Road Map to make enrolling as easy as 1, 2, 3. See you in class!

International Student Study Permit

A valid Study Permit is required for anyone studying in Canada for longer than six months*. International students will have a Study Permit Hold and not be permitted to register each term until a valid document has been uploaded to their MyHumber account.

Upload Your Study Permit

You will not be able to register for classes until you provide a valid Study Permit. If you have your Study Permit and/or you are currently in Canada, you MUST upload your Study Permit immediately:

  • Log in to MyHumber
  • Select Applicant
  • Select Upload Documents
  • Select Upload Student Visa/Study Permit Documents
  • Select File and upload
  • Select Ok

Uploading your study permit

Watch the video to learn how to upload your study permit.

New International students, if you are not in Canada and do not yet have a valid study permit, you can upload your Letter of Introduction.

A Letter of Introduction (LOI) indicates that your application to study in Canada has been approved. It should include:

  • your UCI
  • application number
  • issue date expiry date

Note: uploading your LOI to MyHumber will allow you to register but remember that you will still need to upload your Study Permit as soon as possible to remain enrolled for the term.

If you do not yet have a Letter of Introduction or a Study Permit, upload your Letter of Submission. You will not be able to register until you upload your Study Permit or Letter of Introduction, but the Letter of Submission will let us know when you applied for your study permit.

If your study permit is due to expire before you complete your program, find out how to apply for a study permit extension.

For any questions related to study permits:

*Canadian immigration laws are always subject to change. For the most up-to-date information, please refer to the official website of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

For more information about how to apply to study in Canada, visit: