Save a Requisition as Open
Lesson for full-time recruitment process
Learn how to save a job requisition as open within the HRMS.
Note: In the case of overlapping incumbents in a position, meaning there will be two people in one position for a specified time period, you must complete an Overlapping Incumbent Form and attach it to the Job Requisition prior to saving the requisition as open.
1. Sign into Manager Direct Access (MDA) using your single sign-on ID and password
2. Click ‘Talent Acquisition’.
3. Click ‘Recruitment’.
Note: A new window will open, logging into Taleo. If using Chrome, download Adobe Flash.
4. Click ‘Legacy Recruiting’ under Quick Access.
5. Click the drop-down arrow to the left of the search bar to ‘View the Search Options’.
6. Click ‘Requisitions’.
Note: The person icon will now change into a document icon, indicating that you are searching by requisitions rather than by candidates.
7. Type in the name of the requisition or the requisition number in the ‘Search Requisition’ field.
8. Click ‘Enter’.
9. Click on the hyperlink title of the requisition.
Note: This will open the requisition. The status of the requisition will show as draft.
10. From the ‘More Actions’ menu, click ‘Save as Open’.
11. If applicable, add comments regarding how long the requisition should be posted for and any external job boards if should be posted on.
12. Click ‘Done’.
13. The status and status details of the requisition will now show as ‘Open/Approved’.
Note: The HR Generalist will now review the requisition and post the job on the internal and external career portals and any external job boards you have identified.