Emergency #: 416-675-6622 ext. 4000
In the event of a medical incident on Humber's campus, take the following action:
In a life-threatening emergency, such as a heart attack or loss of consciousness, always call 911 first to get medical help on the way as quickly as possible. Then call the Department of Public Safety at 4000 or 416-675-8500.
Give your name; describe the nature and severity of the medical problem and the campus/room location of the victim.
- Keep the victim still and comfortable
- Do not move the victim unless it is safe to do so
- Check for breathing
- Place victim in recovery position if safe to do so
- Maintain airway and monitor breathing
- Ask victim, "Are you okay?" and "What is wrong?"
- Look for emergency medical identification, question witnesses and give all information to the paramedic and Security officers
- Only trained personnel should provide first aid treatment (e.g. first aid, CPR)
All security officers are trained as First Aid Responders.