Emergency #: 416-675-6622 ext. 4000
In the event of a medical incident on Humber's campus, take the following action:
If it's a medical emergency, immediately call extension 4000 or 416-675-8500 and/or 9-911 (internal phone). If you call 911 first, please call extension 4000 to let Public Safety aware.
Give your name; describe the nature and severity of the medical problem and the campus/room location of the victim.
- Keep the victim still and comfortable
- Do not move the victim unless it is safe to do so
- Check for breathing
- Place victim in recovery position if safe to do so
- Maintain airway and monitor breathing
- Ask victim, "Are you okay?" and "What is wrong?"
- Look for emergency medical identification, question witnesses and give all information to the paramedic and Security officers
- Only trained personnel should provide first aid treatment (e.g. first aid, CPR)
All security officers are trained as First Aid Responders.