Emergency #: 416-675-6622 ext. 4000
Security Alert North Campus - Robbery (March 2, 2017)
March 2, 2017
The Department of Public Safety would like to make the Humber College community aware of a Toronto Police investigation of a reported assault and a reported robbery that occurred off campus in the Arboretum on the bridge today at approximately 1:08PM.
It was reported that two male students, in separate incidents, were approached by four to five male suspects while walking along the bridge in the Arboretum. Both students were assaulted and had their personal items stolen.
The Department of Public Safety would like to share some personal safety tips:
• Avoid Humber Arboretum after dark. Travel only in well-lit areas. Avoid walking in dense shrubs and forest areas, especially after dark
• If you carry a handbag with a shoulder strap, wear the strap across your chest
• Hide your valuables. Smart phones and other mobile devices can be a target for thieves. Keep them concealed when not in use
• Try and walk in large groups, particularly at night. If walking alone, use campus walk.
• Walk with confidence
• If you feel threatened, make a scene, draw attention to yourself and head towards an area with people
The Department of Public Safety would like to remind the community of the services we provide, including campus walk, emergency code blue phones, 24 hour security patrols, Humber Alert emergency notifications and the Humber Guardian app for smart phones. More details about all of our services can be found at humber.ca/publicsafety
We would like to remind everyone to be aware of your surroundings, not to openly display valuables, report any suspicious activities, or if you have information about this incident, you should contact Public Safety at 416-675-8500, the Toronto Police Service at 416-808-2222 or Crime Stoppers anonymously at 416-222-TIPS (8477) or online at www.222tips.com