Are there any accessibility accommodations that are available when using the HRMS?
Yes, screen reader extensions and software are available and compatible to use within the HRMS.
It is recommended is to use ChromeVox which is a free web powered extension specifically for Google Chrome. To access and download the extension, please follow the steps below.
Instructions on how to download ChromeVox on your device:
- Open the Chrome web browser. If you don’t have Chrome, please ensure to install this browser.
- Search and click for ‘Chrome Web Store’ in the Google search bar.
- Under the ‘Search the store’ search bar, type in ‘Chromevox’.
- Click the ChromeVox extension from the search results.
- Click the ‘Add to Chrome’ button.
- A dialog box will appear, then click ‘Add Extension’.
- Now installed, find the ChromeVox icon near the top right of Chrome to review its options.
- In the Options menu, set the ChromeVox modifier key to Alt or Ctrl or both (referred to here as CVox).
- In the Options menu, choose your preferred voice from the Voices menu.
- Done, turn ChromeVox on or off by pressing and holding the modifier key then pressing the letter “A” twice (i.e., CVox + A + A).
To turn on the screen reader within the HRMS please do the following:
- At the top right corner of the page beside your initials, click on the drop-down arrow.
- Click on ‘Access Accessibility Settings’.
- Under ‘Accessibility’ options select ‘Screen Reader’ to turn this feature on.
- Under Colour Contrast’ options select ‘High’.
- Click ‘Save’ at the top right corner of the page.
- Press the tab button on your keyboard for ChromeVox to activate to read the highlighted areas.
In addition to the screen reader there are quick keystrokes that can be used when using the HRMS.
To navigate within the HRMS when a grid is displayed, please see below for the following keystrokes:
|Move to the next cell||Tab|
|Move to the previous cell||Shift + Tab|
|Move to the previous row (top row)||Up Arrow|
|Move the next row (bottom row)||Down Arrow|
|Enter keyboard navigation when on the last cell on the row (Tab takes the focus to the next row)||Tab|
|Move focus to the first cell in grid||Ctrl + Home|
|Move focus to the last cell of first row of grid||Shift + End|
|Move focus to the last cell of grid||Ctrl + End|
|Select all cells in the table||Ctrl + A|
|Select cells||Ctrl + Shift + Arrow|
|Move to last cell in current row||Ctrl + Right Arrow|
|Move to first cell in current row||Ctrl + Left Arrow|
|Select row||Shift + Space|
|Select column||Ctrl + Space|
|Discard current changes to cell and restore the previous state||Esc key|
|Exit the grid||Ctrl + Alt + E (Windows), Ctrl + Option + E (Mac)|
If you have any questions or require any accommodation, please contact the HR Support Centre.