Information Regarding the Payroll Authorization Form
1. What information must be provided on the PAF?
The employee type (full-time or part-time) and the Reason of Payment (e.g. Invigilation, Meetings, etc.) must be selected from the drop-down menu. The employee’s name, employee (person) number, active assignment number, date of payment, rate of pay (unless the Reason for Payment is overtime), and FOAP must also be included.
2. Can multiple employees be entered on one PAF?
Yes, this is encouraged. As long as the Reason for the payment (e.g. Invigilation, Meetings, etc.) is the same, up to 500 payment can be added to a PAF. It is okay to use different rates of pay and/or different FOAPs, just not different reasons, which is why you can only select one.
3. What date should be entered?
The date of the payment should occur when the employee’s assignment number is active. If a date is used when the employee does not have an active assignment, the employee will not receive pay.
4. What rate can I enter for each Reason of Payment?
Each reason has a corresponding rate or range of rate (see screenshot). Rates must fall within this range or HRMS will not pay. This is to ensure equitable pay. If you’re not sure what the rate should be, reach out to your HR Business Partner or HR Generalist.
5. There does not appear to be a reason that corresponds with why we would like to submit a payment. What should we do?
Reach out to your HR Generalist to determine if the PAF is the best way to submit the payment. If it is, we can look into adding that reason to the PAF.
6. How do we find an employee’s person number and assignment number?
From the HRMS homepage, click on the Talent Acquisition tab, then select Assignment Search Report. When the report opens, enter the employee’s name.
For a step-by-step guide on how to access the Assignment Search Report, please click here.
For a step-by-step guide on how an employee can access their Employee Information, please click here.
7. The person that needs to be paid is not a Humber employee, so they do not have an assignment number. What should I do?
Contact your HR Generalist. They can assist you in determining how best to pay this person.
8. What is the purpose of the Rate Calculator?
The Rate Calculator helps you find a rate. If the rates appear to be out of date, please contact David Teixeira – email@example.com.