(FT) How to Post a Job or Fill a Vacancy
– Prior to creating a requisition, managers must consult with their Dean or Director, Vice-President and HR Business Partner to discuss if any changes need to be made to the vacant position or job description. Details of these conversations must be added to the ‘Additional Information’ section when the requisition is created.
– If the job description needs to be updated, ensure the update is made before creating a requisition.
– In the case of overlapping incumbents in a position, managers must complete an ‘Overlapping Incumbent Form’ and attach it to the job requisition.
– There must be an existing requisition template in HRMS in order to create a requisition. If no requisition template exists, please contact your HR Generalist.
– If there is an existing requisition template but the job description or qualifications need to be updated before it’s posted, you must contact your HR Generalist to have the updates made on the requisition template before you create the requisition.
How to perform this action within HRMS:
Step 1 – Search for a position number
Step 2 – Create a Requisition
Note: You must select your HR Generalist as the Recruiter on the requisition, not your HR Coordinator.
Step 3 – Save Requisition as open
Next steps in the process:
Once you have saved a requisition as open, the HR Generalist will review and post the job.
Note – If the job needs to be posted for longer than 5 days or it needs to be posted on an external career site, please let the HR Generalist know of this prior to submission.
Contact your HR Generalist or your HR Business Partner if you require support for this process.